Goodbye 2015



2015 was tough, I changed my job, I moved back home, I lost my grandad to cancer and I had several health issues. But, I survived. I survived thanks to my friends. Actually, 'friends' is a bit of an understatement. They are my gems and they know who they are so I don't need to mention them by name. I made it through thanks to never ending support from my family, especially you mama.

I've decided to write resolutions that everyone could benefit from if implemented. So here goes... 

Focus on keeping what happened in 2015 in 2015. We all have a tendency to carry the pain and the bad memories because its better to feel bad than to feel nothing, but that only makes things worse.  Let all that has hurt you this year, go. Loosen your grip on what isnt yours anymore. It was the most precious thing but its not anymore. Its okay. Thats how life works.
Have a thicker skin with a warmer heart. Dont be afraid of being loved again. Dont be afraid of loving again. Dont be afraid of saying NO and dont be afraid of saying YES.
You expect a lot because you are willing to do that for others. Hate to break it to you honey but, that isnt how everyone is. Dont live your life thinking that people will be good to you because youre good to them. 
Fix the mistakes you made in 2015. Apologize. Forgive. Forget. It happened, its a part of your life now. Accept it. Dont be sorry for accepting your mistakes. Dont be put down by people who dont know what it takes to bow your head down and accept ones mistakes. Be humbler than they expect you to ever be. 
Remember that most things aren't permanent. People arent permanent. This sorrow isnt permanent. There is always another chance to fix your mistakes. There are always new years, you know? ;)
Do something this year that youve been thinking of doing for years. Learn how to play a guitar, to speak a new language, learn how to knit- whatever floats your boat. 

Dont define yourself by all the bad things that happened to you, or bad things that you did in 2015. Dont define yourself by everything that you regret doing in 2015. Define yourself by all the good things youve said in 2015. Its not selfish to make yourself feel good about yourself. Trying to forget the bad things isnt cowardice; it takes guts to do that. 
No matter how much unkindness you suffer. Dont become them. The moment you reciprocate their hatred with hatred, its over, youre one of them. 
Dearest friends, here's to wishing you all the very best for 2016. Stay safe and be kind to one another. 

Peace and love. 
Elle xx

Comments

Popular Posts