Setting Sail.



“Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.”
―Ann Landers


Letting go does not mean you do not care about that someone or something anymore. It is merely a realisation that the only thing you truly have control over is yourself; right here, right now (Insert song by FatBoy Slim here) It is a fundamental process of adapting to the realities of life - leaving the past behind and making way for the present and future. The past cannot hurt you anymore - not unless you let it. 



I do not entirely approve of some of the things I have done in my life. But I am ME. I would not be me if I had not made mistakes and learned along the way. Although I am sometimes tempted to react in the same old way, I have learned to ask myself 'Do I want to be a prisoner of my past? Or a pioneer of my future?'

Remember, YOU are the one who controls your future, do not let anyone else tell you otherwise. Knowing yourself is one thing, but believing and living as yourself is another. We need to stop succumbing to society and its norms. The path to doing so is NEVER a straight and easy one. Get ready to go down the wrong lane, get lost and even turn back. It is your road, and yours alone. Others will walk it with you, but not FOR you.  

Moral of the rant:
Give up, give in, or give it all you got. Make a decision. Do not just sit there overthinking everything and doing absolutely nothing. 

Comments

Popular Posts