Love whatever is impalpable

If you asked the 7 year old me to list a few of the things I loved, it would have probably looked something like this:

My mother
Playing in the field behind my grandma's house
My great grandma's boiled eggs and soldiers
Swimming
Ice Cream

I'm also pretty sure that the list would have been never ending. At that age we love the smallest and simplest things as long as they made us smile.

I now know that the things I love most are impalpable and most importantly; I could feel or better yet experience them at any time. 
How? By opening my mind and heart. More often than not, we are so caught up in our day to day things that we no longer make time for the simple things in life.
Do not get me wrong, I do love my material things; my laptop, shopping sprees, Cinnamon Latte's and frequent trips to the UK to mention a few...

But what would I answer if you asked the 24 year old me about the things I value most now?

Family & friends
Nature, animals & pets
Being able to wake up to a room full of sunlight and chirping birds
The moments I realise that I am not alone as often as I think I am
The love and support received from my mother
The unexpected things
Diversity
Knowing the difference between being alive and living
Second chances
Early morning and late night texts
Laughing till my stomach hurts
and last but not least, my guilty pleasure- Disney movies.

Think about it for a couple of minutes - What do you value most in your life?

Elle ♥





Comments

Popular Posts