Being a real-life Barbie Doll

Being a girl, I was brought up playing with dolls. Everyone born in the late 80's/early 90's owned a Barbie or two. (or in my case, every single one that came out, her boyfriend Ken, her pets and her cars - Thank you mama xoxo)
Barbie represented beauty and perfection; long sleek blonde hair, skinny figure and beautiful big eyes. However, what would barbie look like if she was a real woman? She reminds of something we once loved, while showing us the absurdity of our obsession with perfection. In a perfect world it should be easy to sit back and appreciate our bodies for all they are and all they do for us. However, a majority of women are not happy with their weight and the way they look. Sadly, we were brought up thinking that unless you are tall and skinny you are not beautiful. But this is not the case.
In my opinion, everyone is beautiful whether a size 6 or a size 22. At the end of the day, if you know how to dress according to your figure + have some confidence you can make anything look good.
That being said, it is good to look after yourself, so tomorrow my fitness regime starts again! I will be hitting the gym every other day, and I have 5 months to go lose 7kilos (I actually want to get rid of 10kilos, but I guess 7kilos is more doable) 
Will keep you all posted :)
Hugs,
Elaine xx

Comments

Popular Posts