Time to say goodbye.

After working with the company for 3.5 years, I've decided it is now time to move onto something new. You would think I would be over the moon when receiving a text saying:
'Congrats, you've been accepted for the role'
But instead, I cried at my desk. My colleague, who knew about my interview noticed the tears running down my face, and he goes: God damn it, you got it? 'Yes' I sob back. 

You might ask : Why cry? 

Well, some of the people I work with are amazing. Seeing them for over 40hours a week, you can no longer call them work mates, they're my extended family. We tease each other, call each other names, fool about and that is what makes time spent in this office so fun. (Yes, we do work too..) We work hard, and play hard.

So I have 20 days left in here.. and honestly, it sucks. Even thinking about my last day, my eyes tear up. But as I said, change is needed and I need something new to motivate me. 

On the other hand, I know that a simple job change will not effect our friendship. First off, my new job is only a 5 minute walk to my old office. So yes, we have decided to meet up for lunch every other day.. Wednesday's are our usual days at the local pub, and most of us live pretty close so we've made it a point to keep meeting. Oh, I have also planned a kick ass leaving party, one should always leave with a bang!

So guys, if you're reading this, please know that you will be missed xx

Elle xx


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts