Is the grass really greener on the other side?


Late last week, a friend of mine blogged regarding the story of the late Amanda Todd.I couldn't bring myself to watch her video.. I'm too much of a softy..But her story has been at the back of my mind ever since.

I'm not gonna go into Amanda's story, or point out her rights and wrongs. One thing for certain, it's truly shameful to say that there simply wasn't enough help offered to this poor girl..Sadly, not everyone is willing to help those who are in need.

Faith in humanity - I have none.

Suicide (Latin suicidium, from sui caedere, "to kill oneself") is the act of intentionally causing one's own death.

You might think suicide is the cowardly way to make all troubles go away. But put yourself in their shoes for a moment. Things must be really bad for someone to actually consider committing suicide. A broken heart, bullying, financial troubles, losing a loved one and many more factors contribute towards a person wanting to commit suicide. (such a heavy word, brings a lump to my throat every time I type or say it)

'Suicide isn't cowardly. I'll tell you what's cowardly; treating people so badly that they want to end their lives' - Ashley Purdy

After some more research on the issue, I found some notes from people who committed suicide. Below are the words and phrases which were used most:

Sad
Alone
Hurt
Judged
Ignored
Mess
Confused
Misunderstood
Stressed
Screaming inside but silent
In pain but still smiling

Moral of this rant.
Be a better person. Check up on your friends and family. Do not take things for granted. 
If you know of anyone who needs a hand, help them seek it..before its too late. 
If it was you, you'd hope people will do the same.

Night,
Elle x

Comments

Popular Posts