The Show Must Go On.

Farrokh Bulsara best known as Freddie Mercury.



It's been 21 years since the legend has left us.
On 22 November 1991, Mercury had called Queen's manager Jim Beach over to his home in Kensington, to discuss a public statement. 

The next day, 23 November, the following announcement was made to the press:

 “Following the enormous conjecture in the press over the last two weeks, I wish to confirm that I have been tested HIV positive and have AIDS. I felt it correct to keep this information private to date to protect the privacy of those around me. However, the time has come now for my friends and fans around the world to know the truth and I hope that everyone will join with my doctors and all those worldwide in the fight against this terrible disease. My privacy has always been very special to me and I am famous for my lack of interviews. Please understand this policy will continue.”

A little over 24-hours after issuing the statement, Freddie Mercury died at the age of 45. The official cause of death was bronchial pneumonia resulting from AIDS.


 
  If I had the opportunity to travel back in time, I will surely go back to 1981, Montreal Canada, to see one of Queens best ever shows: 'Rock Montreal'. There was a unique sound in Queen. Of course much of the credit should go to Brian May's inimitable guitar sound, but Mercury's strong vocal delivery found itself in a class of one. Mercury was far too much of an individual to ever follow someone's rules. 

 
No stage will ever host anyone with such flamboyance, showmanship and extravagance.  





“I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.” 

“I won't be a rockstar...I will be a legend.”  
         
                                                           - Freddie Mercury.
 



Comments

Popular Posts