Life Rules.

Most of us live a default life; you know the usual work, home, eat, sleep and repeat. We force ourselves to think we're happy, even though we're not. Why? Simply because we let society tell us how to live our lives and what happiness should be like. We are forced to believe that money, being popular and having material things is what makes us stand out in a crowd.

This type of thinking is okay, if it is really how you feel. However, in my case I don't... I do firmly believe that happiness is a choice, I have somehow just forgotten how to make that choice lately.
So that brings me to what this post was originally meant to be about, my need for a written reminder.
(Yes, I am very easily sidetracked!)  



1. Do not be afraid to fail.
I failed once, badly. It could have had a catastrophic effect on my life but instead it made me stronger. Look at all the great women and men in history, they have ALL encountered failures at some point in their life.

2. Help others whenever you can.
There are several proven researches that demonstrate a direct connection between generosity and happiness. Do at least one good deed everyday.


3. Be thankful.
Count your blessings, never overlooking the small ones, for a lot of small blessings add up to a big one.

4. Be wise in your choice of friends.
Quality over quantity. Surround yourself with people you want to be like and ones you can look up to.

5. Do not compare yourself to others.
Focus on becoming a better version of yourself, instead of being better than others.


6. Forgive AND forget.

Never carry a grudge, it is the heaviest of all life's burdens. What's done is done. Learn to forgive, forget and move on. Do not take your problems to bed with you..let's face it you can have better bedfellows.

7. Listen.
Be a good listener. Only then do you hear ideas which are different from your own.

Elle x

Comments

  1. 1 + 6 are something I can relate to. When's your next one?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts